Highland Games Record Throws set by residents of the State of Utah.
Utah Heavy Athletics desires to ensure that all State Records for Highland Games meet a standard of good sportsmanship & fair competition. To this end, the following rules have been ratified by the UHA board and Athletic Directors.
Throwing Records for Utah Residents (State Records) shall have a verification process which includes:
1) the athlete must meet Classification requirements prior to the competition, specifically
a) weight restrictions for lightweight divisions (the athlete must weigh 200lbs or under for lightweight men, and 150lbs or under for lightweight women)
b) age restrictions for Masters classes (the athlete shall present a government issued ID showing their age).
c) gender restrictions (UHA defers to State and Federal laws and therefore the athlete shall present a government issued ID showing their gender).
2) the measurement shall be verified by the head judge or a second judge, or Athletic Director. (Excessive sloping of the throwing field is also to be taken into consideration by the judges, AD, and UHA).
3) verification of the implement weight by the Athletic Director or Equipment Manager.
4) Proof of Utah residency (government ID, utility bill, etc)
5) passing a drug test for Performance Enhancing Drugs which shall be administered by a 3rd party within 7 days from you receiving instructions from UHA for the test. Timeframes for the test may be extended at UHA’s discretion for travelling athletes. Failure of this test will result in a lifetime ban from UHA Events, and opting out of this test will result in, at minimum, a 2-year ban from UHA events, or longer should that be decision of the UHA Board.
Individual Athletic Directors of competitions that are not put on by UHA will always have the right to enforce a ban based on a failed test or an athlete opting out of testing as they see fit. Shall any of these requirements not be met, the previous record shall stand. The records keeper shall catalogue, maintain, and update these records, as well as make them available to UHA members. UHA will reimburse all parties for costs of the verification process.
UHA may change or update these terms at any time.