By registering for, participating in, or attending any of our events, you accept the following terms and conditions.
This release of liability is entered into between the participant (“Participant”) and UTAH HEAVY ATHLETICS, its owners, managers, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees and beneficiaries (“UHA”). The purpose of this release of liability is to facilitate participation in the Scottish Highland Games and/or Strongman/Strongwoman Competition (“Event”) in a safe manner. Participant enters into this agreement of his/her own free will and without compulsion.
Participant affirms the following:
1. I am 18 years or older. For youth under 18 years, as the Participant's guardian, you certify that you give consent for the Participant to engage in the Event, and agree to all terms and conditions in their behalf.
2. I am physically fit and capable of competing in the Event.
3. I have provided my own equipment customary for competing in the Event and have inspected it to make sure it is in good working order.
4. I am competent to handle the provided implements.
5. I am mentally fit to handle, possess, and use the implements/equipment and I am not aware of any condition that would prevent me from handling them safely.
6. I will comply with all directions and guidance given before, during and after the Event.
7. I am responsible for my own acts, including but not limited to carelessness, ignorance, negligence, willful and wanton conduct, gross negligence and strict liability offenses both in tort and criminal actions.
8. For female athletes, I represent that I am not pregnant. If I am pregnant, I have obtained approval from my doctor to engage in the Event.
9. I am not aware of any medical condition that would impede my ability to compete safely. If I do have a medical condition, I have obtained approval from my doctor to engage in the Event.
10. I agree to hold harmless, release and abstain from bringing suit against UHA, its officers, organizers, volunteers, staff, and athletic director, for unforeseen events, acts of God, accidents, ignorance or carelessness at the Event. I assume liability for my own acts that deviate from the standard of care.
11. I release UHA, licensees, and successors from any claims that may arise regarding the use of my image, including any claims of defamation, invasion of privacy, or infringement of moral rights, rights of publicity, or copyright. UHA is permitted, although not obligated, to include my name as a credit in connection with the image.
Please note that activities within a competition may vary and can be changed at the discretion of the ahletic director or UHA organizers.
You also accept the following terms regarding Highland Games State Records:
Throwing Records for Utah Residents (State Records) at a UHA sanctioned competition shall have a verification process which includes:
1) the athlete must meet Classification requirements prior to the competition, specifically
a) weight restrictions for lightweight divisions (the athlete must weigh 200lbs or under for lightweight men, and 150lbs or under for lightweight women)
b) age restrictions for Masters classes (the athlete shall present a government issued ID showing their age).
c) gender restrictions (UHA defers to State and Federal laws and therefore the athlete shall present a government issued ID showing their gender).
2) the measurement shall be verified by the head judge or a second judge.
3) verification of the implement weight by the Athletic Director via a certified scale,
4) passing a drug test for Performance Enhancing Drugs which shall be administered by a 3rd party within 7 days after the potential record throw. Failure of this test, or opting out of this test will result in a 2 year ban from the sport.
Individual Athletic Directors of competitions that are not put on by UHA will always have the right to enforce a ban based on a failed test or an athlete opting out of testing as they see fit. Potential Records will be validated by a records keeper that is not part of the UHA board, and upon their validation and the meeting of the above requirements the new record will stand as certified. Shall any of these requirement not be met, the previous record shall stand. The records keeper shall catalogue, maintain, and update these records, as well as make them available to UHA members. UHA will reimburse all parties for costs of the verification process. UHA may amend this process as it deems necessary.